Good news to all Goodreads users, you can now use the Shelfie App on iOS with your Goodreads account! That’s right, we’ve made it extremely easy to sign into Shelfie using Goodreads on iOS and very soon on Android. Using Shelfie with your Goodreads account allows you to easily see what print books in your Goodreads collection you can bundle with a free or discount ebook. On top of getting ebooks, you’ll also be able to browse other Shelfies to discover your next read; who doesn’t like the sound of that.
To get going, simply:
2. Once you’ve installed the Shelfie app, sign into the app by creating an account using Goodreads. Simply click the “Sign in with Goodreads” button as seen below and then enter your login credentials or sign in with Facebook.
2. Once you’ve created an account and signed in, you’ll want to take a Shelfie of your bookshelf. When you take a Shelfie you get the best experience possible, here’s why:
3. If you don’t want to take a Shelfie, simply click the ‘Profile’ tab at the bottom of the app and then select ‘Books’. As you can see below, here you’ll see a list of books that we’ve imported from your Goodreads account. If you took a Shelfie, you’ll also see your books from the Shelfie here and the actual photo of your bookshelf in the ‘Shelfies’ tab.
4. Once you’ve imported all of your books from Goodreads, you can head over to the ‘Ebooks’ tab and see which books are eligible to be claimed as either a free or deeply discounted ebooks.
5. You can also use Shelfie to browse other Shelfies and discover your next read. Similar to other many apps such as Instagram, Shelfie allows you to browse real bookshelves of people all around the World, including celebrities such as Joe Hill or Marc Andreessen. In the near future we’re going to be releasing some features we’re really excited about that will let you do even more on Shelfie. Things such as following your favourite authors, saving a Shelfie you admire or engaging in discussion with fellow users.
Thanks for checking out Shelfie and becoming an early adopter. The Shelfie team is working hard to connect readers and books in the most meaningful ways.